Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
Set during the Dust Bowl, Esperanza Rising tells the story of a young Mexican girl who was born into wealth and privilege. Esperanza’s story is one of many mountains and valleys, good times and difficult. Through paying careful attention to the challenges and struggles Esperanza faces, students will learn to determine the overarching themes of this beautifully written novel.
Teach with Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 13 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Determining Theme
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Esperanza Rising Resource Set
Esperanza Rising Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.