Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
Students will quickly fall for Ulysses the super squirrel in this expertly crafted book. By tempering some sensitive themes of self-doubt and broken homes with laugh out loud unanticipated occurrences, Kate DiCamillo has created a unique chapter book that makes it easy for readers to explore cause and effect. Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures blends traditional storytelling with graphic novel illustrations, making this book the ideal choice for mini-lessons focused on tracking cause and effect across longer texts.
Teach with Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 10 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Cause and Effect
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures Resource Set
Flora and Ulysses Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.