Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Laura Ingalls Wilder’s classic story, Little House in the Big Woods, is a favorite of boys and girls alike, and the first in the Little House on the Prairie series. It recounts the adventures of the Ingalls family, living as pioneers in 1870’s Wisconsin. Life isn’t easy for the Ingalls family; Pa must shoot deer or catch other food to last the cold winter. Ma must harvest the garden, churn butter, and make maple sugar. The family makes the best of every tough situation and grow in love in their log cabin where every night, safe and warm, the sound of Pa’s fiddle lulls Laura and her sisters to sleep. Use Little House in the Big Woods Super Pack to help students read closely, make accurate inferences, and use specific textual evidence to determine the author’s purpose for writing the story.
Teach with Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Little House in the Big Woods Resource Set
Little House in the Big Woods Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.