The BFG by Roald Dahl
Roald Dahl’s classic, The BFG, tells the story of an orphan named Sophie who has been kidnapped by a giant. Luckily for Sophie, the giant is a BFG. He is not like other giants who delight in eating human beings. This giant is a Big Friendly Giant who has a unique way with words. Students will delight in Sophie and the BFG’s story while learning about figurative language and the ways authors use words to bring stories to life.
Teach with The BFG by Roald Dahl
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 7 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Figurative Language
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
The BFG Resource Set
The BFG Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.