Join to Download
Enjoy instant access to this resource plus thousands of mini-lessons and activities when you become a Premium Member.Learn More
The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
Students will be entertained by this classic story about a boy who learns to be careful what you wish for. John Midas loves chocolate above all other food. He eats it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On a mission to eat more chocolate, John buys chocolate from a candy store. Soon everything John touches with his mouth turns into chocolate including his mother! The lesson John learns in The Chocolate Touch lays the perfect foundation for readers learning to determine theme.
Teach with The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 7 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Determining Theme
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Take a Closer Look at the
The Chocolate Touch Resource Set
The Chocolate Touch Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.3.4a L.3.5b L.3.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.