Join to Download
Enjoy instant access to this resource plus thousands of mini-lessons and activities when you become a Premium Member.Learn More
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief takes readers on an exciting, action-filled adventure while imparting life lessons. Mythology is expertly blended with modern middle-school culture in a fantasy filled with horrifying monsters and intimidating Greek gods. As Percy, Annabeth, and Grover face numerous challenges, they each learn life lessons. The intriguing storyline provides readers practice determining themes and analyzing their development, as well as opportunity to summarize with key details.
Teach with The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
This Book Club Super Pack includes Common Core aligned lesson plans and set of lesson plans to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 10 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Determining Theme
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Take a Closer Look at the
The Lightning Thief Resource Set
The Lightning Thief Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.6.4a L.6.5 L.6.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.