The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Katherine Applegate’s best-selling novel, The One and Only Ivan, celebrates the power of unexpected friendship. Inspired by the true story of a silverback gorilla who lived in a circus-themed mall in Washington state, this captivating story promises to be a favorite year after year. Through engaging students in deep conversations about character word choice and actions, readers will have the opportunity to explore the universal themes that make Ivan’s story so memorable.
Teach with The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Determining Central Ideas or Themes of a Text
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
The One and Only Ivan Resource Set
The One and Only Ivan Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.