The Twits by Roald Dahl
Roald Dahl’s story about two of the smelliest, nastiest, ugliest people in the world is sure to have your students laughing out loud. Use the constant trickery and the story of revenge as a springboard for examining cause and effect relationships in text. By taking the time to notice how the characters react to one another, readers will draw connections between the cause and effect relationships that move this classic story along.
Teach with The Twits by Roald Dahl
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Cause and Effect
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
The Twits Resource Set
The Twits Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.