Wonder by R.J. Palacio
RJ Palacio’s remarkable novel, Wonder, is the story of a boy named August, known as Auggie, who was born with a facial abnormality. He’s about to start fifth grade at Beecher Prep, and for the first time will go to school with other kids. Even though he knows he looks different, he just wants to be ordinary. Help readers understand what life is like for Auggie, his parents and his sister, Olivia, by using these Book Club lesson plans and set of resources focusing on perspective.
Teach with Wonder by R.J. Palacio
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Wonder by R.J. Palacio:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 10 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Perspective/Point of View
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Wonder Resource Set
Wonder Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.